Monday 9 January 2012

Market Day Mark #2


Well, it’s been a while between posts, but that’s partly because there has been so much happening in the last 2 months!

In December, I popped my market cherry at the Southside Handmade and Vintage Market, in sunny St Kilda, Melbourne. Many a cupcake was sold, and many, many a lovely person met (fellow market stall holders and the public)!

My overwhelming thought of the day was “I’m with my people”… The talent and skills of other local business’s and craftsmanship was truly inspiring! Whilst I’m not inherently the most creative of all people (I failed Year 7 Textiles), I love being surrounded by other’s talent and being around those who are doing what they really love.

I had so much fun, I signed up for January as well! So, another Saturday in bake-a-thon mode and a couple of new creations later, and yesterday was Market Day, Mark #2. Whilst it was a little quieter than the December market (lots of peeps still out of town, being wonderful elsewhere), we had a great time, and again met some more new and inspiring fellow market-holders who make the day worthwhile on it’s own! I also love the chance to make a few purchases of my own (if it’s from the money I’ve made selling, it doesn’t count, right?). This time ‘round, I fell in love with the iced tea treats of Tea & Sympathy (they also make loose leaf tea as well, but at this time of the year, I’m all about iced beverages!), and added another wonderful piece of headwear to my collection from Pleasure, Little Treasure.

I’ll be back at Southside in March, in the meantime, I’ve done my own set of New Year’s Resolutions. Aside from the obvious (get fit, save more $$...) it also includes blogging on a committed, regular basis. So, you’ll be seeing more of me, and my cupcake’ing treats on a far more regular basis <3 

(You can see more pics of my cakes at the December and January Southside Markets here and here x)
 Red velvet cakes with vanilla buttercream frosting (and a Jaffa on top!)

 Vanilla butter cakes with cookies'n'cream frosting (hellloooo mini-Oreos)

 Gluten-free flourless chocolate cakes with chocolate ganache

 Vanilla butter cakes with rose frosting

All-time-fave carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting




Check out my Facebook profile here for regular updates!


-Bec x 




3 comments:

  1. Hi there, friend of Lovely liz. Those cakes look AH-MAZ-ZING!

    Lovely to meet you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy ghost these look delicious! I love the cupcake packaging, they're super pretty. Did you pick those up from Robin's Kitchen? I bought a stack of them there last year with the intentions of making cupcakes. However, I'm such a lazy housewife!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren!
      The wrappers are a combination of those by Robert Gordon (http://robertgordonaustralia.com/) which I've found at various homewares shops, definitely 'House'. Some of the others though (the striped ones), I found bizarrely enough at 'Bed Bath & Table' here in Melbourne during the Boxing Day sales! I'm not sure of the lablel of them, but they had a pretty big range.
      I'll have to check out Robin's Kitchen though, as I'm always on the hunt for something new & exciting for my next batch of cakes :)

      Bec x

      Delete