Sunday 29 January 2012

For the Love of the Pin


Do you ‘Pin’? I’ll bet you do. From what I’ve gathered over the last couple of weeks, everyone is ‘pinning’ their little hearts out. I’ve been on ‘Pinterest’ for a few months now, and I loved the concept at first, but held back initially as I thought it was one of those things you needed hours online to be a part of… WRONG! And I don’t think I’ve been happier in a long time to be so wrong!

For those who aren’t with me… ‘Pinterest’ is a wonderful website where you can ‘pin’ your favourite pictures/ photos etc onto virtual ‘mood boards’ to keep an online record of what you find inspiring, amusing and just downright pretty. I particularly love that you can have a number of boards for all the different areas of your life (I have one for home interior, one just for things I find pretty, and of course one where I stash all the amazing pictures of cupcakes!).

These are the kinda things I love to pin!

The other awesomely great thing about the site, is that you can browse what other people are ‘pinning’ and ‘re-pin’ for yourself.  What surprised me, was that I can browse there for a few minutes at a time… Or get lost, entrenched in other’s boards for hours on end. I guess it’s just about my self-discipline.
If you’re ‘pinning’, please feel free to come follow me (http://pinterest.com/whimsicaldale)… I’d love to know what you’re ‘pinning’ as well!

--Bec


No comments:

Post a Comment